Finding that quiet space for clarity and resetting can be very hard to find. I've found these things to be of huge help:
- Sweating it out in an urban sweat lodge called Shape House. While in an infrared cocoon, I find myself being able to drift into a complete meditative state and total relaxation. I felt amazing after. It burns calories, boosts your metabolism, increases circulation and is terrific for the skin head to toe. www.shapehouse.com.
- Floating in a sound and light deprivation tank. This takes getting used to but it's incredible once you do! You enter a tank that has a shallow salt water bath of a perfect 95.9 degrees. Its an ideal environment free from light, noise and touch. Floating allows your brain to engage in healing. Look up Float Lab or Float Lounge.
- Mediation is really the key and basis for true transformation. If you are new to it you will have to try several ways before one speaks to you. I find isolating myself completely as above sends me straight in to the gap of stillness. But my favorite and most intense is active meditation. I can go super deep when I'm pushing myself to the limit in a spin class believe it or not, or on a really challenging hike.
- Exercise is one of the key elements to longevity and consistent health. If you don't move your body you are stagnant. Period. Too much of one kind of work out can also be non-beneficial. If you are a heavy lifter and cross fit type, make sure you incorporate yoga, pilates or stretching. Cardio is also key, so spin or do interval sprints running 30-40 seconds then walking for at least 30 minutes. Lifting and high intensity interval training are so important but find a balance with it all.
- Proper diet and what you put into your body is your foundation. I have converted to two things that I believe will keep me in health harmony for the rest of my life. Eat right for your blood type has been my focal point and guide for months now and has changed everything for me. I highly recommend it. Ayurvedic medicine, herbs and spices have taken my new eating regimen to a whole new level.
- Vitamin IV or injections bring me back to life if I've been ill or gotten too dehydrated. Try Rehab Wellness. www.rehabwellnessla.com. They even do house calls.
- Good company. Turn off all your electronics and social media and spend time having great conversation with loved ones, good friends, your dog, a group of like-minded people or get some alone time. Turn off the static and recharge your soul. The best soul food is absolutely free.
- Spiritual healing. Work with a healer, a shaman, an energy worker or read a good book on the subject. But connect with something that speaks to your soul. Try subscribing to Gaiam TV. It's chocked full of documentaries and fascinating information to expand your mind and aid in your spiritual growth.
- Commune with nature. Get outside. Soak up the energy you find at the beach or in a forest of trees. Take off your shoes and put your feet on the earth. Breathe deep into your belly. Put positive affirmations out and ask questions. But most importantly do not express lack. Don't wish, want or need. Start every affirmation with I AM and really feel what it's like to be or have or experience that which you would like to attract into your life.